General Summary: Serve as Lead Cashier, manage front counter area, provide clerical support to General Manager, coordinate scheduling, receive packages and deliveries, coordinate bakery inventory levels, and manage retail area.
Job Classification: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Owner
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage front counter area and keep it clean.
- Refer to counter information manual to address any customer questions.
- Perform cashier duties as needed. (See Server/Cashier job description).
- Restock all supplies and inventory as necessary to include dishes, teas, bakery items, paperwork items, to go containers and any other supplies needed.
- Communicate with dishwasher when tables need to be bussed.
- Receive packages and deliveries and forward invoices to the office.
- Prepare daily bank deposits and enter sales into monthly sales spreadsheet.
- Perform scheduling duties taking into account requests for time off.
- Provide clerical support to General Manager/Owner.
- Maintain customer data base and update as necessary
- Keep a list of people interested in classes.
- Assist with birthday promotions, monthly postcards.
- Update register prices and screen format as needed for both food and retail items.
- Manage retail area, keep clean and ensure inventory is priced.
- Perform training of new Cashier/Servers.
- Update Cashier/Server training manual as necessary.
- Maintain complete and accurate menu knowledge.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Three or more years of customer service experience preferred
Previous supervisory experience is desired
On-site orientation and training will be provided.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Responsible for knowledge of necessary POS system procedures needed to competently perform job.
- Ability to do math
- Ability to read and write
- Must have computer skills and knowledge of POS systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to instruct others
- Must be able to successfully sell and upsell food and beverage items
- Restaurant environment
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to heat and cold and mild chemical exposure
- Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns
Essential Physical Effort Requirements:
- 100% -- Walks and stands during entire shift
- 100% -- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
- Must possess manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills
- Required to lift 10-20 pounds on a regular basis and 25-50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Frequent washing of hands